Your Billerica, MA, dentist, Dr. Kunio Chan, at One Dental Care, knows the importance of having a doctor who knows you and your whole family, and can provide several family dentistry procedures during your regular dental appointment.
Regular dental appointments provide patients with more than just simple cleanings. Here are some procedures your doctor can provide during a regular dental appointment:
- Fillings/Dental Bonding: In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your family dentist will apply an etching solution on the tooth surface, then apply a composite resin that matches the color of your teeth. The composite is molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that covers unaesthetic teeth, like cracks, dents, and chips, and reinforces weak teeth. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed. Your Billerica dentist uses a dental crown to restore and protect your tooth.
- Veneers: They are made of thin porcelain and used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they are stained, or discolored, as a result of drinking coffee or tea, smoking, chewing tobacco, tetracycline-containing medicine, and poor hygiene. They also fix teeth that are misshapen, like crooked, overcrowded, and irregularly shaped teeth.
Here are a few tips to stay healthy:
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food.
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpastes and mouthwash.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that'll help avoid cavities.
- Brush your teeth twice a day by spending two full minutes brushing your teeth and tilting your brush at a 45-degree angle to ensure you remove as much food debris as possible.
- Floss your teeth before bed to preserve your crowns and natural teeth.
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris.
For more information on what family dentistry can provide you and your family, you should contact your Billerica, MA, dentist, Dr. Kunio Chan, at (978) 667-0691 today!